Synergy Consulting is appointed by the World Bank to support Ministry of Energy, Kenya for design and implementation of Solar Competitive Bidding Strategy and Bidding Framework for future competitive procurement for solar power projects.
As part of the mandate, Synergy will:
• Review the existing legal, regulatory and institutional framework;
• Identify obstacles for conducting successful solar auction program;
• Analyse options for phasing out from the current FIT scheme to a competitive framework;
• Provide strategic analysis and advice on the design and implementation of Solar Competitive Bidding Program;
• Develop Bidding Framework for the competitive procurement scheme for the Solar Program.
This mandate is yet another milestone for Synergy in its successful journey in the Renewable Energy (RE) Sector and government/off-taker side procurement advisory business.